How and where to report key village issues


Given some recent events in the Dunsfold community, it is worth reminding the village of a few key points of contact:

Reporting a crime (info taken from Surrey Police website on 13/7/23)

Is it an emergency?

Does it feel like the situation could get heated or violent very soon? Is someone in immediate danger? Do you need support right away?

If so, please call 999 immediately.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the police’s textphone service 18000 or text the police on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the police’s emergency SMS service 

Other than an emergency… 

If you’ve witnessed or been the victim of crime please report it to the police.

You can report crimes online or by calling 101.

Dunsfold falls under the Surrey Police Dunsfold, Alfold & Ellens Green safer neighbourhood team. Details can be found here–ellens-green/about-us/top-reported-crimes-in-this-area


If you want to report a crime anonymously, you can contact Crimestoppers, either online or on their free helpline 0800 555111.

Thames Water (taken from Thames Water website on 13/07/23)

Problems can be reported online or by calling 0800 316 9800.

By actively reporting a problem (even if your neighbour has done so already), you help Thames Water to understand the scale and severity of the issue, so that they can prioritise their resources appropriately.

Problems with highways and public rights of way- footpaths, bridleways, etc. (info taken from Surrey County Council website on 13/07/23)

This is a recurring issue in the village, and Surrey County Council are the responsible body. As with Thames Water, it helps to actively report any issues so that SCC can gauge severity and prioritise as necessary.

Online reporting for potholes and other issues with roads/cycle lanes is here:

For other highways issues, please select the relevant issue:

Online reporting for problems with a public right of way is here: This website link also includes information about when a path is due to be cut. You will need to log-in or register in order to report the fault online – it does not take long to do and allows you to make reports more quickly. Once in the system, you can use the map to select the location of the issue and provide details. From experience, this is probably best done on a PC rather than mobile.

If there is an issue requiring immediate action on a public right of way, you can contact Surrey County Council during normal office hours on 0300 200 1003, and the Contact Centre will contact relevant staff immediately. If this is not possible or appropriate they will contact the Police. Outside of office hours, in an emergency, please contact the Police using the above details.

In particular, any blocked or obstructed public rights of way on private land should be reported. Landowners and occupiers may find this guidance helpful: (accessed 13/07/23).

Please also let the Parish Council know of any highways/rights of way issues, particularly if these relate to the common. Cllr Ginny Fraser is our pathways representative – please email her directly on to report any problems. Ginny is already in touch with our Surrey County Councillor on a number of pathway issues in the village.

Fly-tipping on council land (taken from Waverley Borough Council website on 13/07/23)

This needs to be reported to Waverley Borough Council. Waverley aims to clear up fly-tipping within three working days of being reported.

You can also report to Waverley by phone on 01483 523524.


Your Parish Councillors, as local residents, also keep an eye out for any issues and report them to the relevant bodies – but in these matters, the more reports that are made to the relevant body, the more information they have and the quicker any resolution is likely to be.